As you may have noticed, I love tracking various holidays, including many that are off the beaten path. I learned recently that March is National Crochet Week.
As a crocheter, [or As someone who has been crocheting for many years] I have long enjoyed looking at and creating different patterns.
Books also come in a variety of patterns. Let’s look at a few of the most popular non-fiction forms:
- A how-to book, listing and describing steps in the order you would take them.
- An introduction, presenting a brief explanation of several related topics without going into depth in any of them.
- An opinion paper, which could have one of two formats – either presenting only arguments on one side of an issue or a pro-and-con format presenting alternating points regarding a topic important to you.
- A history or biography, presenting information in chronological order.
- A memoir or collection of essays, either related to a specific topic or a range of topics.
Each pattern or format has value for some types of books. None is good for every book.
* * * * *
Not sure which pattern is best for your book? Let’s talk. Just click on this link to schedule your complimentary Enchanted Book Session.